Services designed to fit the individual needs of you and your family.
Everyone faces challenges in life. But those challenges can be amplified when you or someone you love has special needs. Anxiety, worry, and frustration are common reactions. Some days it can be hard to find hope amidst the stress of just trying to get through the day. Together we can define the goals, skills, and supports you need to make a meaningful difference in your life today.
All my therapeutic techniques are enacted with collaboration and compassion and individualized to your needs. I use many techniques commonly found in applied behavior analysis (ABA), cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT). These can include goal setting, functional behavioral assessment, direct instruction, role-play and rehearsal, thought records, data review, journaling, and exploration of personal values. When working with small children, I involve parents and provide parent training in order to generalize skills learned in therapy to the home and other environments.
Areas of Expertise...
- Individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) anddevelopmental disabilities from preschool through adulthood
- Families and caregivers (e.g., parents, grandparents, siblings) of individuals with special needs
- Adolescents with ASD anddevelopmental disabilities facing typical struggles of adolescence (e.g., hygiene, friendship, bullying, sexuality and relationships)
- Individuals with ASD and developmental disabilities transitioning into adulthood
- Individuals with ASD and developmental disabilities struggling with anxiety and worry
- Children who demonstrate challenging behavior in the home setting.